Did you know there is a higher dose flu vaccine option specifically for adults 65+? Click here to learn more!
"It was a difficult time for me. They made it as easy as possible."
Home Care Aides
Our aides are here to offer support in a myriad of ways, while also acting as an extra set of eyes and ears for family members who need the comfort of knowing their loved ones are being well cared for.
A quality and compassionate home care aide can play an incredibly vital role for a client in need. They provide companionship and assistance at a time when those accustomed to independence find themselves at their most vulnerable. With that in mind, we at Wellness Home Care select each aide carefully, with the specific wants and needs of each client at the forefront of our decision-making process. And to assure your peace of mind, all of our care givers are screened insured and bonded.
Our Certified Home Care Aides Provide:
- Hourly care from four hours up to 24 hours seven days a week
- Help with bathing and dressing
- Help with hygiene, brushing teeth, combing hair, etc.
- Assistance with walking and transferring
- Home safety and supervision
- Help with daily exercise programs
- Medication reminders
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Food shopping and errands
- Meal preparation and dining companionship
- Mail organization
- Respite for family and caregivers
- Trips to the doctor
- Care for clients who are diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and/or dementia
- Communication with the family members
- And Much More………..
Just A Bath:
- Our newest service for individuals living at home who need extra personal care
- A Registered Nurse will evaluate the client and home environment to safely identify personal bathing needs
- An aide that specialized in bathing and home safety is assigned to provide individual bathing and personal care services
- The service is just one to two hours and includes a bath, assistance with grooming, dressing and tidying up the bathroom
- Services are available 7-days a week throughout Orange and Sullivan Counties
Payment methods we accept:
- 3rd-Party Commercial Insurance
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Private Pay
- Managed Medicaid Plans and Traditional Medicaid
Consumer-Directed Personal Assistance Program (CDPAP)
To be eligible for this program, an individual must:
- Be Medicaid-eligible as determined by his/her county department of Social Services
- Be eligible for home care services, personal care services, or private duty nursing
- Require some or total assistance with one or more home care, personal care, or skilled nursing service
- Have a stable medical condition, and
- Be self-directing or have a designated representative who is willing and competent to assume the roles and responsibilities that go with the program.
A self-directing consumer is:
“a consumer who is capable of making choices regarding the consumer’s activities of daily living and the type, quality and management of his or her consumer directed personal assistance; understands the impact of these choices; and assumes responsibility for the results of these choices.”
Since the consumer or their designee assumes employer responsibilities, (to recruit, interview, hire, train, supervise, and terminate if necessary) he/she must be capable of performing these duties. Directing the personal assistant and completing required paperwork are core competencies of the consumer.
Who provides the paycheck?
As a fiscal intermediary in Sullivan County, Wellness Home Care guarantees payment to the personal assistant, and then bills the Managed Care Organization/Medicaid for reimbursement.
Call or email us TODAY to discuss your best option for Home Care!
To contact us click HERE